Best Zucchini Fries
Who doesn't love good fries?
I am a huge fan, but as you know I am always on the hunt to make healthier alternatives so you can have your "cake" and eat it too.
Normally I would go to sweet potato fries (which are amazing too), but as a big zucchini fan one day the idea popped into my head to try zucchini fries...oh my goodness....they were so delicious and easy to make I just had to share this recipe.
These are amazing as a snack, and appetizer or pair as a side dish with a huge black bean burgers. You can even make them into zucchini chips!
1. Start by washing and patting zucchini dry.
2. Next cut the ends off of your zucchini and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cover cookie tray with parchment paper.
3. Cut zucchini into thin fries like shown above.
4. Get two small bowls.
5. Fill the first bowl half full with roasted red pepper dip and add 1-2 tablespoons of water to thin it out. Fill the second bowl with bread crumbs You can get creative and add some seasonings or spices to bread crumbs (or vegan parmesan cheese).
6. Dip one zucchini slice into red pepper mixture, swipe zucchini along edge of bowl to remove any excess dip. Zucchini should be well coated with dip but nothing hanging off the sides or dripping off.
7. Dip same zucchini slice into bread crumb mixture. Place zucchini slice on the parchment tray.
8. Continue to do the rest of the zucchini in the same way. Place tray in oven. Bake 20 minutes, carefully flip and bake an additional 20 minutes.
9. Enjoy them as is (they are awesome solo), or pair with your favourite dip. These fries pair well with an avocado dip.
10. Tip - you can use garlic hummus instead of roasted red pepper dip. Get creative, get cooking and have some fun in the kitchen making these delicious healthy fries.
Healthy Zucchini Fries
1 container roasted red pepper dip
1 cup bread crumbs (option to add in parm cheese or spices)
1. Wash and dry zucchini. Cut ends off zucchini, then cut into fries.
2. Preheat oven 400 degrees. Prepare cooking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Get 2 bowls. Fill one with breadcrumbs, fill the other half way with roasted red pepper dip and 1-2 tablespoons of water (want an egg like consistency - not too runny and not too thick).
4. Dip zucchini slices into red pepper mixture until well coated. Next dip zucchini into bread crumb mixture until well coated. Place on prepared parchment tray. Continue to do the same to the rest of the zucchini slices.
5. Bake 20 minutes, carefully flip and bake an additional 20 minutes. Enjoy!