Matcha Smoothie Bowl
Do you have a morning routine?
If you are working towards creating a healthy lifestyle one of the best ways to do that is to start your day with a solid morning routine. We live in a fast pasted world where everyone seems to be lacking time, leaving society feeling busy and stressed. When you create a healthy morning routine you help to start your day on the right foot and find yourself in control of your health and happiness. So many people get caught up in starting their day checking their phone, this is not a productive, calming or time efficient way to begin your day. Do you think about how the way you start your day affects you? Check out the amazing benefits for investing in having a routine.
The benefits of having a morning routine include:
reduces stress and frustration
sets the tone or pace for the day
improves time management
increases energy levels
less likely to forget something
Here is my morning routine – I encourage you to create one that works for you.
1. Upon waking 1 full glass of lemon water hot or cold.
2. Supplements – Probiotics, Omega-3, Vitamin D or any greens product.
3. Morning Coffee, Tea or Elxir - paired with reading inspirational books, journaling, gratitude practice, reviewing or reflecting on goals for the day and week ahead
4. Breakfast - try out the smoothie bowl recipe posted below
5. Bonus – add in some movement
6. Dry brushing, oil pulling, shower and get dressed and ready to take on the day
7. Pack water before you leave for the day. Staying hydrated is essential for having energy to rock your day.
The ways to create a healthy morning routine is to check in and see what you are currently doing. What’s working? What is not working? Here are a few things that can help you create the morning routine you desire.
waking up earlier so you have more time and feel less rushed
journaling, gratitude practice, positive affirmations, reading
oil pulling, dry brushing, self-care, hygiene routine
dress for success
What are some of the ways you begin your day? I recommend getting a journal and writing down your ideal dream morning. What does that routine look like? How can you create that dream morning daily? What would you need to add in, take out or change? Write it out and slowly add in one thing at a time until you no longer have to think about it, it’s just a new healthy habit.
Have you noticed the benefits of your morning routine? Let me know in comments below.
One of the essential in my morning routine is breakfast or brunch I wanted to share one of my new favourite recipes with all of you to help simplify your morning and inspire you with this beautiful bowl.
Green Matcha Smoothie Bowl
Makes 1-2 servings
1 cup spinach
¼ (or ¼ cup) frozen avocado
1 teaspoon green matcha
¼ cup vanilla protein powder
½ frozen banana
1 medjool date, pitted
½ cup almond milk
1. Add all ingredients into blender and mix until all ingredients are smooth and well combined. Especially the date it often takes a few more seconds to break it down completely.
2. Pour in bowl and make a line of coconut flakes, chia seeds and banana slices or shelled hemp seeds and fresh fruit. Enjoy! And don’t forget to thank yourself for investing in nourishing your body and feeling great.
If you make this recipe let me know what you think in the comments below or tag me in your creations on the socials @pam_rocca, I love seeing what you are making and your variations on the recipes.
It’s Sunday a perfect day to enjoy this smoothie bowl and think about what your magic morning routine looks like. What would you like to add in, change, keep up?
Happy Sunday Friends,